Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 14, 2006

GOLDEN GLOBES AND MORE

The nominations are in for the 64th Annual Golden Globes to be awarded 15 January. Many consider them predictors of the Academy Awards®. Here's the direct link to an organized, quick notation on my Film Awards Page, which has a link to the Globes official site: http://mimifink.virtualave.net/AwardsSched07.htm#GLOBES

The movie awards are in full season. In addition to the Golden Globes, you can quickly track almost all the major U.S. and international awards for 2006-07 on my 2006-2007 Awards Schedule, a.k.a., Mimi's Film Awards Page. The main link is on the right sidebar.

I don't think, personally, that awards from any one organization determine voting by the Academy membership, but a pattern of many organizations recognizing a particular film, actor, etc., may. My motive for maintaining my Film Awards Page is selfish. That's how I make my predictions come Oscar® time. I did predict best picture CRASH, best song, "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp," and most of the others last year. So, take a look at my page, and track your favorites. You may be pleased you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Mimi