At the 62nd Cannes International Film Festival, the awards for the best films presented in the Cínefondation program of 17 student films were handed out yesterday in the Buñuel Theatre. All are under 44 minutes, ranging from three to forty-three minutes. The Jury chair was UK director John Boorman.
The Cínefondation Selection received 1,400 film submissions this year, representing Latin America, North America and Europe. Here are the winners - -
First Prize: BÁBA by Zuzana Kirchnerová-Špidlová, Czech Republic;
Second Prize: GOODBYE by Song Fang, Beijing Film Academy, China;
Third Prize (tie): DIPLOMA by Yaelle Kayam, The Sam Spiegel Film & TV School, Israel;
NAMMAE UI JIP (DON’T STEP OUT OF THE HOUSE by Jo Sung-hee, Korean Academy of Film Arts, Korea.
The winning films each received a financial prize of 15,000 € for the first prize, 11,250 € for second place and 7,500 € for the third place films.
LIST OF FILMS IN THIS SECTION:
* #1 directed by Noamir CASTÉRA
* BÁBA directed by Zuzana KIRCHNEROVÁ - ŠPIDLOVÁ
* BY THE GRACE OF GOD directed by Ralitza PETROVA
* CHAPA directed by Thiago RICARTE
* DIPLOMA directed by Yaelle KAYAM
* EL BOXEADOR (THE BOXER) directed by Juan Ignacio POLLIO
* GOODBYE directed by SONG Fang
* GUTTER directed by Dan Ransom DAY
* IL NATURALISTA (THE NATURALIST) directed by Giulia BARBERA, Gianluca LO PRESTI, Federico PARODI, Michele TOZZI
* KASIA directed by Elisabet LLADÓ
* LE CONTRETEMPS (THE SETBACK) directed by Dominique BAUMARD
* MALZONKOWIE (SIGNIFICANT OTHERS) directed by Dara VAN DUSEN
* NAMMAE UI JIP (DON'T STEP OUT OF THE HOUSE) directed by JO Sung-hee
* SEGAL directed by Yuval SHANI
* SYLFIDDEN (THE SYLPPHID) directed by Dorte BENGTSON
* THE HORN directed by YIM Kyung-dong
* TRAVERSER directed by Hugo FRASSETTO
To access links for individual films and directors, go here.