The 67th Annual Golden Globe® Awards Gala is tonight, and will be broadcast live on NBC at 8:00 p.m., ET, from the Beverly Hilton Hotel, Beverly Hills, CA. If you click the title of this post you will go to the Globes' Official Website on which you can see a live feed outside the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Mouse over the inset and you will find direct links to Twitter, Facebook and chat.
Guess what? You can not only watch live what is happening outside the Beverly Hilton Hotel in real time, you can access your Wall on Facebook through the site as well, and instantly share with all your friends while the awards are in progress. If you are so inclined, you can access Twitter there, too, and bombard your friends. However, I will not be tweeting my friends because I want to enjoy the show, and they do, too.
Also, you can go directly to live chat about the awards through Dick Clark Productions.
Getting ready to watch the awards, and reap the most enjoyment out of the experience, is simple:
- (1) Go to the phone and invite a few friends over to your place;
- (2) Get your party necessities;
- (3) Go to this webpage and print ballots for each person who will be watching with you (pdf);
- (4) The Globes' resource page is excellent - - providing links to the same page for previous years available on upper right, link to printable ballot, videos, and much more;
- (5) If you want to familiarize yourself with the nominated movies and TV shows, you might like to go to this IMDb webpage, and consider leaving it open during the show for quick reference as there are links to the IMDb page for each movie, TV show, and more.
If you need information, which will remain accessible months later, you can access previous posts and links on this blog's right sidebar relating to the Golden Globes® and the Academy Awards®. For instance, there is a link ("Golden Globes 2010") with a list of Golden Globe movie nominations. It will remain, with winners in red, until this time next year. There will also be a link for a similar Oscar® nominations / winners page. A link for AMPAS® is always there. Take a look at the links list, for much more.
There are two previous posts on this blog about this years 67th Golden Globe movie awards and the Academy Awards that you may want to read, or re-read, and posts from previous years:
Look at the bottom of this, and every post, and you will find "tags" which you can simply click to find related posts. Otherwise, use the search box at the top left of the page.
The Golden Globe Awards Gala is definitely a party, the most glamorous awards show second only to the Academy Awards. It is one of the most entertaining and enjoyable of the major award shows. Enjoy!